building shared library from D code to import into cython

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 12 09:07:18 PDT 2014

Thanks for this.

I am aware of pyd and will take a look at source/build process.

Any thoughts on speed in 2014  of pyd vs using cython to talk to
D directly via C/C++ interface?  I saw this old coment here:

prabhuramachandran.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/python-vs-cython-vs-d-pyd-vs-c-swig

" predict that the D version's relative slowness might have
something to do with Pyd's somewhat awful handling of arrays (at
least in part). More low-level and verbose, but possibly faster
code could be written to compensate for this if this is indeed
the problem. However, this is not a very attractive solution.
(Optimally, Pyd should be capable of directly pointing D arrays
at numpy arrays, but this is not actually implemented.)"