Pragma mangle and D shared objects

Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 25 06:20:33 PDT 2014

I haven't been able to find much about pragma mangle. I'd like to do the
following:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/hznsrmviciaeirqkjzpy@forum.dlang.org#post-zhxnqqubyudteycwudzz:40forum.dlang.org

The part I find ugly is this:

void* vp = dlsym(lib, "_D6plugin11getInstanceFZC2bc2Bc\0".ptr);

I want to write a framework that stores a dynamic library name and
symbol to execute, and downloads the dynamic library if it's not
available. This would be in a long-running server/networking
application, and needs to be simple to use.

The mangling makes it less obvious for the programmer writing a plugin.
Does mangle make it possible to change this to dlsym(lib,
"myOwnMangledName"), or would it still have strange symbols?

Also, I've never seen the thunkEBX change merged from here:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/hznsrmviciaeirqkjzpy@forum.dlang.org?page=2#post-lg2lqi:241ga3:241:40digitalmars.com