Dart bindings for D?

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 29 23:57:21 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 30 October 2014 at 06:14:18 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Is it's possible to create single language that cover desktop
> and web? Like D+Dart?

It is probably not possible with D or any other language that is
too far off from Javascript since the generated code becomes to
large for fast download. Even Dart has this problem.

It is in theory possible to use DartVM on the desktop using
native bindings:
https://www.dartlang.org/articles/native-extensions-for-standalone-dart-vm/

> I ask becouse I can't understand why it's need 2 language if
> they are very simmiler and it's can be 1 language instead 2.

There are several languages that do source2source compilation and
that can compile both to C and javascript. The problem is to find
good tools and libraries…

There are also scripting frameworks that let you write portable
code for web and mobile platforms, but they tend to be geared
towards a special type of application.

E.g.
http://www.tidesdk.org/
http://cordova.apache.org/