Programming a Game in D? :D

Israel via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 1 12:14:03 PDT 2014

On Monday, 1 September 2014 at 17:24:10 UTC, rcor wrote:
> Just wanted to point out that there are also D bindings for
> Allegro5 (https://github.com/SiegeLord/DAllegro5). Allegro is a
> bit like SDL or SFML, but personally I find it a bit more
> intuitive. I've been using the D bindings for about a month and
> they seem to work fine. Most Allegro tutorials are for C/C++,
> but they're not too hard to translate -- all of the allegro
> functions/structs work almost identically in D as they do in C.

That is just overkill. Problem with these libraries is that David
now has to go compile everyone and their mother from scratch.
Lets face it, nobody wants to waste their time on that...

My recommendation is GFM "http://code.dlang.org/packages/gfm",
sure it may not be full featured but at least it gets the job
done and without the need for compiling.

Just add GFM modules to dub.json

"gfm:core": ">=0.0.0",
"gfm:math": ">=0.0.0",
"gfm:image": ">=0.0.0",