IMAP library

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 18:18:25 PDT 2015

On Friday, 10 April 2015 at 19:59:49 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Started working on a simple one.

Sounds very good to me. :)

> It's not exactly rocket science, but a bit fiddly.

Simple is good.

> Need to have some way of manipulating email in D though.

I agree. This would especially be cool, if you can do it from a
small device like a microcontroller!

> Is async important (so you can pipeline commands) and also
> multiple threads ?

To me, multiple threads are not important, because on simple
microcontrollers, threads are usually not available. If one needs
threads, some kind of operating system with a context-switcher is
required.

>Or is a simple enough version useful as a start?

I'd say "Simple is good". ;)

> If async (ie pipelining and registering callbacks to watch
> state) is important, is it okay to use vibed?  Or better not
> have the dependency.

Could the extra bells and whistles be optional, eg. basic
functionality in a base class (eh), and then a subclass provide
some more dazzling implementation ?

> The other aspect is mime.  Have ported headers for GMime but
> still nee to write the high level wrappers.

Hmm. Personally I hate MIME, but I guess they're necessary. :P

Your work sounds very promising, I look forward to hearing more
about your progress.
-And please know that my opinions are just opinions; I may be
right (if I'm lucky), but I don't want to restrict you in any
way. Other developers in here probably have some very good input
on this as well.