IMAP library

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 11 15:45:35 PDT 2015

>> Need to have some way of manipulating email in D though.
>
> I agree. This would especially be cool, if you can do it from a
> small device like a microcontroller!

Yes - nice to know it can do that also.  For me I need to have a
way of managing large amounts of email (I have about 2mm
messages) including for natural language processing etc.
Dovecot/sieve + pipe facility is ok, but not perfect for
everything.  I guess it should work fine for regular ARM etc -
perhaps not an Arduino!

> Could the extra bells and whistles be optional, eg. basic
> functionality in a base class (eh), and then a subclass provide
> some more dazzling implementation ?

Yes - don't think I will have time to do the async aspect in near
future, in any case.

>> The other aspect is mime.  Have ported headers for GMime but
>> still nee to write the high level wrappers.
>
> Hmm. Personally I hate MIME, but I guess they're necessary. :P

Yes x2.

> Your work sounds very promising, I look forward to hearing more
> about your progress.

Understand.  Have a few other things on the boil, and also
constrained in how much time I can spend for various reasons.  So
don't plan or expect on it being finished soon, although I hope
it might be.

> -And please know that my opinions are just opinions; I may be
> right (if I'm lucky), but I don't want to restrict you in any
> way. Other developers in here probably have some very good
> input on this as well.

Understand, and thanks for the engagement.

Laeeth.