DMD 64 bit on Windows

Kai Nacke via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 14 12:47:03 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 at 01:31:27 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> I'm currently experiencing Out Of Memory errors when compiling
> in DMD on Windows
>
> Has anyone found a way to compile a DMD x86_64 compiler on
> Windows?

Short recipe:
Download & VisualStudio 2013 Community Edition
Download the DMD source OR clone from GitHub repository.
Start VS 2013.
Open solution dmd_msc_vs10.sln (in folser src)
Right click solution dmd_msc_vs10 and select Properties.
Change Configuration to Release and Platform to x64.
Right click solution dmd_msc_vs10 and select Rebuild.
Result is 64bit exex dmd_msc.exe in folder src.

Regards,
Kai