DMD 64 bit on Windows

Etienne via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 14 04:36:22 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 at 09:57:55 UTC, wobbles wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 at 01:31:27 UTC, Etienne wrote:
>> I'm currently experiencing Out Of Memory errors when compiling
>> in DMD on Windows
>>
>> Has anyone found a way to compile a DMD x86_64 compiler on
>> Windows?
>
> I've been having this same issue.
> Over-use of CTFE is what's causing it on my part, to fix it,
> I've had to split my CTFE functions out into a seperate runtime
> tool (to make use of GC goodness. See people, GC is good! :))
>
> The tool will print the code that my CTFE functions would
> normally generate to a file, and then use import to get it back
> into my main application.
>
> Bit of a mess, but it works.
>
> Dunno if this will help with your situation, as not sure if
> CTFE is causing it.

It's actually a pretty big program, I'm compiling Botan with 80k
lines of code, libasync, libhttp2, memutils, vibe.d together. I
intend to build a pretty big library on top of it all, so i
pretty much need the memory.

It takes about 3gb on x86, although i setup mscoff to link the
high amount of symbols.

So, any idea if dmd can be moved to 64 bit anytime soon?