CT-String as a Symbol

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 20 23:56:31 PDT 2015

On Monday, 20 April 2015 at 13:49:41 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 18:12:35 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>> Is there a way to CT-query the arity of all opIndex and
>> opSlice overloads?
>
> Ideally you don't want to have to do that. You'd have to
> consider alias this and inheritance.

How do you plan on overriding the behaviour of opIndex and
opSlice with alias this and inheritance?

We don't want to limit this classes only.

Fixed-dimensional matrices (in 2D/3D graphics) is a typically
example of where we want to use structs instead.

Typical use case is a Matrix class having index dimension
RowIndex and ColumnIndex.