post on using go 1.5 and GC latency

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 22 00:02:28 PDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-08-22 at 06:54 +0000, via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 August 2015 at 06:48:48 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> > But one that Google are entirely happy to fully fund.
>
> Yes, they have made Go fully supported on Google Cloud now, so I
> think it is safe to say that Google management is backing Go
> fully.
>
> I'm kinda hoping for Go++...

I think Go 2 is a long way off, and even then generics will not be part
of the plan.

Go UK 2015 was held yesterday. It was less a conference and more a
Google "rah rah" event. It was though very clear that Google are
looking for new idioms and practices to come from users other than
Google, rather than what has happened to date, which is the Go central
team dictating everything to everyone else.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk