post on using go 1.5 and GC latency

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 22 04:22:00 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 22 August 2015 at 07:02:40 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I think Go 2 is a long way off, and even then generics will not
> be part of the plan.

I agree that Go from Google will stay close to the ideals of the
creators. I think it would be difficult get beyond that for
social reasons.

But I think the mechanics Go provides are generic enough that
someone could build a transpiler providing more high level
convenience. I am thinking along the lines of a convenient
language that can compile to both Go and Javascript... I'm
tempted to have a go at it. ;)

> Go UK 2015 was held yesterday. It was less a conference and
> more a Google "rah rah" event. It was though very clear that
> Google are looking for new idioms and practices to come from
> users other than Google, rather than what has happened to date,
> which is the Go central team dictating everything to everyone
> else.

Go UK sounds interesting. I wonder if they will have one in Oslo?
Probably not :-/.