post on using go 1.5 and GC latency

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 23 09:15:36 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 22 August 2015 at 06:54:43 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 August 2015 at 06:48:48 UTC, Russel Winder
> wrote:
>> But one that Google are entirely happy to fully fund.
>
> Yes, they have made Go fully supported on Google Cloud now, so
> I think it is safe to say that Google management is backing Go
> fully.
>
> I'm kinda hoping for Go++...

The other day I thought it'd be hilarious if I did a Bjarne and
wrote a preprocessor to generate Go code that would accept a
superset of Go syntax but added generics, function overloading,
etc. And, of course, called it Go++.

Alas, 'tis too much work for just the lulz. I'd rather spend the
time making D better.

Atila