benchmark on binary trees

visitor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 6 04:23:52 PST 2015

On Sunday, 6 December 2015 at 08:35:33 UTC, Alex wrote:
> Thanks for commenting to everyone! If anybody has further ideas
> - all of them would be appreciated :)
> The original site is not interested in any further languages to
> be tested, so my experiment ends here for now...

Hello, interesting exercise for me to learn about allocators :-)
i managed to parallelize the code reaching similar performance,
in terms of speed, as the non parallel version :
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/6c3e6edcff59

BUT it consumes insane memory, don't try with argument more than
17 !!!

so either i'm doing something stupid (in parallel code, i guess)
or the FreeList allocator is totally not the right tool ... (both
?)

some light-shedding would be really appreciated, Thanks