D programming video tutorial

Pederator via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 13 13:22:59 PST 2015

On Sunday, 13 December 2015 at 20:45:56 UTC, cym13 wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 December 2015 at 20:29:47 UTC, Pederator wrote:
>> Hi. Does anybody who is familair with D consider to make a
>> comprehensive D programming video tutorial / training /
>> course? This could be encouraging and helpful for people to
>> start with D. It could also help in promoting D programming
>> language. This is a question for all the community, please
>> comment what do you think about this idea, we will know if
>> there is an interest in such a training video, or is it just
>> me.
>
> You're not the first, the other threads asking the same thing
> can be summarized by "Sure, it would be great, but I'm already
> working on this and that so I have neither the time nor the
> competence to do it". If you want it to happen make it happen
> yourself, you might get help once you're started by I've never
> seen anybody saying "Oh, right, that's exactly my thing and
> I've never thought of that, I'll give up my weekends from now
> on to do that".

Didn't know about the other threads. I think that making a video
tutorial takes much less work than writing a book, and there are
already a few books on D programming language, but no video
tutorial. Besides, creator could earn money on the video as well.
Many people prefer to learn from video tutorial, especially on
the beginning.