Graphics/font/platform backends with common interfaces?

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 06:46:54 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 23 December 2015 at 23:34:58 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:

> So far I've been implementing windowing and image libraries for
> Phobos.
> Right now windowing works on Windows minice eventing. Once
> eventing is done it is ready for the first stage of feedback.

I don't understand something about this project. Having existing
GtkD, DFL, DlangUI, SimpleDisplay, DQuick and probably a few
others, creating windows on different platforms and eventing
seems to be a solved problem, multiple times solved. But your
project is lasting for years at this little stage. And this makes
me wonder what it is about.