DMD -L Flag, maybe a bug?

Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 26 03:53:55 PST 2015

On Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 01:04:57 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
> It's almost like the example in the URL you showed:
>
> dmd test.d -LC:/gtkd/src/build/GtkD.lib

Note that -L passes flags (options) but not necessarily arguments
or paths.  For example, I use "dmd -L/STACK:268435456" by default
along with other options to increase the default stack size to
256Mb.  The "/STACK:268435456" part is an OPTLINK switch, not a
path.  Here is the list of OPTLINK switches:
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/ctgLinkSwitches.html

Clearly, the forward slash (/) is reserved for switches, so the
program will have trouble parsing paths with forward slashes.