DMD -L Flag, maybe a bug?

Bubbasaur via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 26 05:38:53 PST 2015

On Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 11:53:55 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko
wrote:
> Note that -L passes flags (options) but not necessarily
> arguments or paths.  For example, I use "dmd
> -L/STACK:268435456" by default along with other options to
> increase the default stack size to 256Mb.

Your comment is reasonable enough, but unfortunately the main
problem is there are examples on the internet using this "-L" for
this kind of thing.

If go here:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Compiling_and_linking_with_DMD_on_Windows#Static_Libraries_and_Import_Paths

There is an example in: "Passing search directories for static
library files to Optlink", which follows:

     C:\Project\main.d
     C:\Project\lib\mylib.lib

     where main.d depends on the mylib library, you can compile
via:

     dmd -L+.\lib\ driver.d mylib.lib

Yes there is a "+" plus sign and a "." dot there, but I believe
people gets confuse and uses it as "-I".

> Clearly, the forward slash (/) is reserved for switches, so the
> program will have trouble parsing paths with forward slashes.

About this in fact this was my mistake, because originally I had
tried "\" and since it wasn't working so I change to "/" and that
remains.

Bubba.