To write such an expressive code D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 00:47:09 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 08:40:38 UTC, Dennis Ritchie
wrote:
> Because I was arguing with one quiet a stubborn person who does
> not like D, on this forum:
> http://www.cyberforum.ru/holywars/thread1367892-page13.html
> He asked me to write such a program using only the language
> features and functions sin().

If someone makes stupid demands like this one to justify his
dislike for the language, such person is either deliberate troll
or has strong enough prejudice no never like language anyway,
arguments or not.

Language features don't magically appear from nowhere - those
come at cost of extra code in compiler and/or runtime library
making it very hard to use language with smaller runtime (D is
actually guilty of that).

It is a common practice to treat standard language library as
part of language. Both C and C++ include detailed spec on
standard library in official language spec for example. As such
making any distinction between two is impractical.