Ncurses deprecated "~master" issue

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 13:11:13 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 20:57:43 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 20:50:28 UTC, Paul wrote:
>> test.o: In function `_Dmain':
>> test.d:(.text._Dmain+0x13): undefined reference to
>> `_D8terminal8Terminal6__initZ'
>
> If you see 'undefined reference' it means some library wasn't
> passed to the compiler. Easiest fix is usually to add the .d
> files to the command line so:
>
> dmd yourfile.d terminal.d
>
> with both passed together should build successfully.
>
> BTW only the first argument to Terminal() is required, the
> others have sane defaults.

Thank you Adam. Yes, I noted the default values, even if I don't
understand what they do at present(!). I'm pretty sure I tried to
pass both files to the compiler at one point but I had illegal
characters in my source filename (test-terminal.d) which sent me
off on another track! No matter, it works as expected now, so I
can take it for a spin.