Ncurses deprecated "~master" issue

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 15:39:55 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 21:11:14 UTC, Paul wrote:
> Yes, I noted the default values, even if I don't understand
> what they do at present(!).

They allow overriding of the input/output files. fdIn normally
refers to standard input, fdOut refers to standard output, and
the getSizeOverride lets you provide a custom function instead of
the default, which is to ask the operating system for the size of
the terminal with ioctl.

I added those options to support my detachable.d program, which
is like GNU Screen - it can detach from the terminal and keep
running. Instead of talking straight to the actual terminal
files, it talks through a socket to a helper program which lets
it be reattached on a new terminal.