Ncurses deprecated "~master" issue

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 10:13:08 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 23:39:56 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 21:11:14 UTC, Paul wrote:
>> Yes, I noted the default values, even if I don't understand
>> what they do at present(!).
>
> They allow overriding of the input/output files. fdIn normally
> refers to standard input, fdOut refers to standard output, and
> the getSizeOverride lets you provide a custom function instead
> of the default, which is to ask the operating system for the
> size of the terminal with ioctl.
>

> I added those options to support my detachable.d program, which
> is like GNU Screen - it can detach from the terminal and keep
> running. Instead of talking straight to the actual terminal
> files, it talks through a socket to a helper program which lets
> it be reattached on a new terminal.

How do I get/process input? Looking at the source/doc it looks
like I should be doing something like this for an inifinite loop
breakable with Esc but it doesn't seem to work (in urxvt or a
plain xterm):

dchar charIn;
while(charIn != '\U0000001b')
{
	auto myInput = RealTimeConsoleInput(&myTerm,
ConsoleInputFlags.raw);
	charIn = myInput.getch();