@nogc with assoc array

FG via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 16 22:54:55 PST 2015

On 2015-02-17 at 03:35, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at 00:00:54 UTC, FG wrote:
>> Yes, they would be in TLS. I know exceptions in general are a complex problem, therefore I limited the comment only to errors, because forbidding the use of `aa[key]` in @nogc seemed odd (although I do think that `aa.get(key, default)` and `key in aa` are superior to `aa[key]`). I have seen a few examples of Exception chaining, but not Error chaining, and since Error trumps Exception, whatever else was raised was of less importance to me, so I didn't give much thought to that.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by Errors?  Are you talking about asserts?

Asserts among them. I was talking about the two classes of Throwable: Error and Exception.

Errors: AssertError, FinalizeError, HiddenFuncError, InvalidMemoryOperationError, InvalidPointerError, NotImplementedError, OutOfMemoryError, ParallelForeachError, RangeError, SwitchError, SysError, ThreadError.

Exceptions: Base64Exception, CSVException, ConvException, CurlException, EncodingException, ErrnoException, FiberException,
FileException, FormatException, GetOptException, JSONException, OverflowException, ...