For those ready to take the challenge

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 10 09:23:30 PST 2015

On Saturday, 10 January 2015 at 15:52:21 UTC, Tobias Pankrath
wrote:
> I think he's wrong, because it spoils the comparison. Every
> answer should delegate those tasks to a library that
> Stroustroup used as well, e.g. regex matching, string to number
> conversion and some kind of TCP sockets. But it must do the
> same work that he's solution does: Create and parse HTML header
> and extract the html links, probably using regex, but I
> wouldn't mind another solution.

The challenge is completely pointless. Different languages have
different ways of hacking together a compact incorrect solution.
How to directly translate a C++ hack into another language is a
task for people who are drunk.

For the challenge to make sense it would entail parsing all legal
HTML5 documents, extracting all resource links, converting them
into absolute form and printing them one per line. With no
hickups.