vibe.d Subdirectory?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 06:35:49 PST 2015

Actually I want to serve some JSON packed weather data (heck I
> also wrote my Global Climate Model partially in D and in C) -
> so I guess, I can use vibe.d to build a cgi.

Cool.  Do you incorporate the influence of solar activity via
galactic rays / cloud formation and via volcanic activity?  (This
is not my field, but I am looking for a model that does).

> However I also want to recieve some userinput, and parse it -
> and sometimes, php is simpler, because for a very small parsing
> task you dont want to worry abotu types and all. Does vibe.d
> support any HTML Preprocessor in the first place? If not PHP
> then Neco? Falcon? So that I do not always have to access my
> vibe.d based app, but I can simply change the page itself a bit?

It won't be quicker to write the parsing code in D if you are new
to the language, but it is still pretty quick when you know how.
There are regexes etc too.

What Ketmar says.  For a robust application it might be better to
put it behind a proxy like nginx anyway.  In which case you can
use your vibed application to serve up parts of your site and php
for others.  Eg user submits a form and the result is posted to a
url that nginx routes to your vibed app.

You could dispense entirely with the web server and do the whole
thing in vibed, but you don't need to.  Although its a framework,
you don't have to do much to turn it into a web server if you
look at the documentation on the vibed page.  The forum there is
also quite helpful.

Laeeth