vibe.d Subdirectory?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 05:15:46 PST 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:37:33 +0000
seany via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 12:25:12 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > just forgot about that
> > crappy scripting stuff and write your code in D!
>
> Actually I want to serve some JSON packed weather data (heck I
> also wrote my Global Climate Model partially in D and in C) - so
> I guess, I can use vibe.d to build a cgi.
>
> However I also want to recieve some userinput, and parse it - and
> sometimes, php is simpler, because for a very small parsing task
> you dont want to worry abotu types and all. Does vibe.d support
> any HTML Preprocessor in the first place? If not PHP then Neco?
> Falcon? So that I do not always have to access my vibe.d based
> app, but I can simply change the page itself a bit?
you still thinking the wrong way. vibe.d IS NOT A WEB-SERVER. and it's
not a cgi wrapper. if you're looking for fancy web-server with cgi
support and so on, but written in D, you got the wrong app. vibe.d is a
*framework* that will allow you to write your own web server.

what you get is toolbox to build your server, but not the server
itself. so vibe.d supports *everything* -- you just have to write the
code for it!