vibe.d Subdirectory?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 15 07:27:46 PST 2015

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 at 14:38:16 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Pardon me for asking kind of a side question, but is there any
> online information on how to do this? I am contemplating
> migrating my in-house php-based application to vibe.d, but I
> wondered if I have to do it whole-sale (not much gratification
> until the whole thing is done) or piecemeal (then some parts
> are php, some are vibe.d, until whole thing is ported). I
> thought I could do the latter, but I don't know how to interact
> apache/php with vibe.d. The biggest question I have is how
> vibe.d and php can share session data. But I also have no idea
> which server should be in front, and how to call one another ;)
>
> Thanks
>
> -Steve

Generally easiest way is to make Apache forward some of URLs to
vibe.d process (acting as HTTP proxy) while keeping to serve
remaining PHP scripts. The more gets implemented in vibe.d
process, the more URLs can be forwarded.

I am not sure about session data part though. Quite likely you
will need to implement session storage as a dedicated persistent
process that gets queried by both vibe.d and PHP script. But this
is not my domain of knowledge.