Undefined reference error when array size is given

Mon Jan 19 14:05:22 PST 2015

On 1/19/15 4:54 PM, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:49:34 -0500
> Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
> <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> I figured it out, poll.d is missing from here:
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/mak/SRCS
>>
>> So it's for some reason not purposely included.
>>
>> I think there's an expectation (I'm probably guilty of this too) that if
>> you include a file somewhere in druntime's core subdirectory, it gets
>> compiled in.
>>
>> There are actually quite a few files not included... not sure why.
> i believe that they are just accidentally left out. besides, if some
> file defines only extern functions and constants, it can be safely
> ommited. yet including it will not hurt too (and will add some sanity
> checks on build time -- like ensuring that it is syntactically correct).
>
> so i believe that this is an accidental omission that worth a PR.

I want to make a PR, but I'm considering whether I should PR ALL the
missing modules, or just this one :) I will consult the devs mailing list...

BTW, I've seen linker errors happen when you don't include a module,
even if there's seemingly nothing to deal with in there. To the point
where I just include all modules even if I think I can omit them.

-Steve