Linear algebra library with no dependency & Why every linear algebra library has LAPACK dependency

kerdemdemir via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 3 16:51:29 PDT 2015

This question is not only about "D linear algebra libraries" but
also for other linear algebra libraries in other languages.

I am working with some scientific developers in my current
project.

When we were talking I said "I know a great linear algebra
library LAPACK" but my friend who is very experienced about
numeric told me LAPACK isn't the best library for performance
especially if matrix is sparse. In fact he said every numeric
developer will try to avoid LAPACK.

Now I want to implement some statistical methods like Bayes, GMM.
And I need a linear algebra library. I am looking for a native
"module" code which I can directly include my project without dll
or I am looking for a library without any dependency. But I see
all linear algebra libraries has dependency to LAPACK.

I am sure I am asking this question because I am lacking domain
information about maths and linear algebra. But why all libraries
has dependency to LAPACK. What make LAPACK irreplaceable ?

Ps: I am not sure if asking questions related to D but not %100
about D is a bad habit. If it is please warn me.