Can't Compile Global Semaphores?

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 27 12:10:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am currently working through a book on the fundamentals of
computer concurrency and I wanted to do all of the exercises in
D. But I ran into a problem when I tried to have a global
semaphore:

/usr/local/Cellar/dmd/2.067.1/include/d2/core/sync/semaphore.di(35): Error: constructor core.sync.semaphore.Semaphore.this core.sync.semaphore.Semaphore cannot be constructed at compile time, because the constructor has no available source code

Here is my code:

import core.sync.semaphore;
import core.thread;
import std.string;