Yes or No Options

Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 31 12:50:53 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 15:14:28 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 14:20:41 UTC, Alex wrote:
>> My father owns a small software company, specialized in market
>> data products.
>>
>> www.bccgi.com (in case anyone is interested)
>>
>> So programming was basically around all my life.
>>
>> I do a small job in his company and my next task was to learn
>> D. There are two trainees and the three of us have to learn D.
>> Ofc the two trainees have to learn other languages as well.
>>
>> My dad said the reason why we learn this language is that he
>> personally finds it to be a very intuitive language that
>> produces machine code. If he just wanted us to teach
>> programming he said he'd just told us to learn C#.
>> In addition to that he wants to keep up and always have new
>> languages and features in the company (only 8 people). And
>> since we have experts for almost any language here but not a
>> single one for D, it was time for someone to start!
>>
>> Once I started I found it to be really interesting and
>> challenging plus I like solving problems.
>>

>> Thank you for being so nice! I have seen very few communities
>> where beginners are welcomed so well!
>
> Very interesting indeed! Care to write an article about it one
> day? "Learning D as an absolute beginner" or something like
> that. I wonder, is your father's company listed among those
> using D? I think there's a list somewhere on Wiki, if not we
> should have one :-)

Sure I'd do something like that! Maybe refering to the Ali
Çehreli's book!
Question is if my English skills are sufficient..

They aren't in the list because right now nothing is written in D
in our company. But the future will look different I according to
what my dad told me.

Is there a reddit community? How is D generally seen in the
internet?