string to char array?

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 09:22:22 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 15:53:33 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
> A string is, by definition in D, a character array,
> specifically `immutable(char)[]`. It's not like, for example,
> Java in which it's a completely separate type; you can perform
> all the standard array operations on strings.

Yes, I believe that this is a problem in D, and because when you
create a multidimensional array mutable strings having real
troubles with .deepDup. I think that will solve the problem of a
new string data type is a built-in D, and because writing .dup,
to create a mutated string, - it's really funny! This is problem!