InvalidMemoryOperationError from File.byLine()?

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 13:06:10 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 19:18:15 UTC, Stiff wrote:
> iteration through my loop. I'm consistently getting an
> InvalidMemoryOperationError on my 2,547th iteration, and based
> on console outputs, I'm fairly certain it's coming from the
> byLine() method. To be clear, I'm just doing a simple:

I get this too! Interestingly enough this self-contained
alternative solution

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/bylinefast.d

is about 2-3 times faster and does *not* trigger the error. I
have it used successfully for reading files containing tens of
millions of lines of text so I believe it works!