InvalidMemoryOperationError from File.byLine()?

Stiff via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 16:28:24 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 22:36:36 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 6/2/15 5:42 PM, anonymous wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 20:56:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>> wrote:
>>> Hm... I think the issue might possibly be solved. What
>>> version of the
>>> compiler are you using?
>>
>> I think 14005 (and 14578) are fixed in git head, because
>> there's no
>> assumeSafeAppend in byLine anymore.
>
> Yep, I can confirm that.
>
> Stiff, sorry to say that you are stuck unless you want to use
> the bleeding edge of D, which means building from source. Wish
> I had a better answer.
>
> And in reality, even if it needed a fix and I provided it, this
> was going to be your option.
>
> -Steve

Thanks for the workarounds, Steve and anonymous. I ended up
getting around it by just using awk to pad any of my input lines
that were around 2048 chars with a few spaces, since I have
access to that file. Not particularly convenient, but it works.

Seeing as this is only my second day of using D (thus why I
posted this to .learn), I'll try to get a grip on the language
itself before I start playing with the bleeding edge. :)