AMD & Windows 7

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 07:39:54 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 14:20:58 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
> On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 13:16:32 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you be any more specific? What kind of problems?
>>
>> A DLL in D is loaded into a Python program, but not recognized
>> later. It says: "NoneType doesn't have method called..." It's
>> only on this machine (or processor?). I recompiled it on the
>> machine, but I still get the same error. Unfortunately, we
>> only have Intel processors, so I cannot test it on other AMD
>> processors.
>
> That's an error in your Python code.

I wish it were an error in the Python code so I could fix it, but
it works on all other machines (at least those with Intel). It's
only on the HP625 with AMD that this error occurs. Another DLL
(which isn't mine) also failed to load, although with a different
error message. It might be just this particular model, or AMD, I
dunno. I couldn't find anything about it on the internet.

Atm I'm using dmd 2.067.1, maybe compiling with GDC or LDC will
fix it.