AMD & Windows 7

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 07:55:14 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 14:39:55 UTC, Chris wrote:

> I wish it were an error in the Python code so I could fix it,
> but it works on all other machines (at least those with Intel).
> It's only on the HP625 with AMD that this error occurs. Another
> DLL (which isn't mine) also failed to load, although with a
> different error message. It might be just this particular
> model, or AMD, I dunno. I couldn't find anything about it on
> the internet.
>
> Atm I'm using dmd 2.067.1, maybe compiling with GDC or LDC will
> fix it.

That sounds more like its the software installed on the machine
and not the processor. Are you sure that all microsoft runtime
libraries are installed? If you did use the vs 2012 linker to
create the D-dll you need to install this redistributable
package:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Did you run Depends on the dll? Usually depends will tell you why
the dll does not load: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut