best way to interface D code to Excel

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 20 07:22:44 PDT 2015

On Friday, 19 June 2015 at 21:06:31 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 18:35:36 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I know D has support for COM - not sure of its status.  And
>> there was a Microsoft chap who posted here a couple of years
>> back - wonderful templated code that made it easy to write
>> this kind of thing.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to share it
>> publicly.
>>
>> Laeeth.
>
> I haven't ever done any real work with it, and certainly
> nothing with Excel. But Juno provides similarities for COM to
> what the Microsoft guy demonstrated.
>
> I made some changes so it would compile in dmd 2.070, didn't
> test though so it is still it's own branch.
>
> https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/Juno-Windows-Class-Library/tree/dmd6.070

Thanks Jesse - I did look at this, but I think I couldn't make it
compile when I tried (or at least some of the unit tests fail,
from what I recall).  But I appreciate your updating and will
take a look now.

Somebody should write an article for the wiki on the various
options needed for COM.  I know it's less in fashion, but it's
still very useful.  I don't yet have the expertise, and I am only
looking into this reluctantly for pragmatic reasons.  There is an
empty placeholder linked from early in the Wiki here:

http://wiki.dlang.org/COM_Programming

Does it make sense to keep a register of all unfilled out such
pages, so people who are looking for something to do can
contribute?

Laeeth.