std.stdio.writeln

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 10 01:31:39 PDT 2015

On Monday, March 09, 2015 22:29:23 Meta via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Monday, 9 March 2015 at 22:00:46 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> > i remember that deprecation was rejected. maybe this is false
> > memory,
> > though.
> >
> > btw, there are legit uses of comma, in c-style `for`, for
> > example. this
> > should be left intact, i think (oh, can c-style `for` be
> > deprecated too?!
> > ).
>
> I think the last time there was a big discussion about this
> everyone agreed that the comma operator in a for loop was
> acceptable.

Yeah. Even Java has that. But IIRC, it was decided that the comma operator
in general would be deprecated. I could be wrong though, and it's the sort
of thing that could easily be decided and then not actually happen for ages
(e.g. it was decided years ago that delete would be deprecated, but it still
isn't).

- Jonathan M Davis