is eC alot like D?

Taylor Hillegeist via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 10 21:10:50 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 03:55:21 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 11/03/2015 4:16 p.m., Taylor Hillegeist wrote:
>> So I found http://ec-lang.org/ it seems alot like D, But it
>> has a
>> company backing it. It just seems interesting.
>
> There is almost no meta programming support. Let alone CTFE.
> And no generics in the form of e.g. Java's is not the same as
> D's meta-programming support.

Yes, D is a very powerful language with a boatload of features.
eC almost seems like a subset. but what I find fascinating is the
infrastructure built around it. Of course when someone's full
time job is to build infrastructure, I tends to happen more
predictably. But like all things in life you have to take the
good, and carry it with you into the future. I bet there is alot
we can learn from eC. I wonder how compatible the two languages
are, I have been experimenting with language to language porting
techniques, every language is in similar in some way to another,
but to varying degrees.