Dlang seems like java now,but why not let d more like C# Style?

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 14 06:52:11 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 09:59:05 UTC, dnewer wrote:
> yes,java is good lang,but i dont think it's better than c#,if
> no oracle or google support java will less and less.
> C# is a good and easy lang.
> i like C# .
> but,C# cant compiled to native code.
>
> So far, I have been searching for a language, like c # write
> efficiency, but more secure than that of c #, more efficient
> (runs), stronger (system-level, driving level)

What has led you to this conclusion?  I don't personally find D
very much like Java.  It definitely doesn't push OO design on you
like Java (even where it isn't needed), and code is much more
concise in my experience. I also find D very much more flexible.

I don't have any C# experience so I can't compare those languages
much, but I've heard people say their are D / C# similarities.

Anyway, this isn't a criticism of your comment, I was just
curious what (other than the shared C++ syntax heritage) you find
so Java-like in D?

Cheers,

Craig