Dlang seems like java now,but why not let d more like C# Style?

Ellery Newcomer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 14 16:46:27 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 13:52:13 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:

> I don't have any C# experience so I can't compare those
> languages much, but I've heard people say their are D / C#
> similarities.
>
> Anyway, this isn't a criticism of your comment, I was just
> curious what (other than the shared C++ syntax heritage) you
> find so Java-like in D?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

I've been using C# pretty extensively for the last year or so.
Superficially, at least, C# and D are pretty similar, eg auto
(var), foreach, lambdas, classes and structs. C# is more biased
towards OO than D.

Metaprogramming is significantly weaker in C#. This is probably
the one area where I've wished for some of D's functionality.

Reflection is all runtime.

C# has some AST capabilities that D doesn't. This is probably the
main area where I envy C# when using D.

And C# has LINQ, which when combined with the last point is
fricken awesome.