refactoring issues

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 19 09:06:30 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 14:32:53 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Hey, I also happen to use Far Manager and its internal editor,
> at least for simple projects.  Is that dcheck triggering a Far
> plugin?  I have a bit of experience with Far recording macros,
> but didn't try to write a plugin.

It's all a bit of a mess... A FAR Lua macro[1] runs dcheck, which
is just a batch file that runs DMD piped through colorout[2],
which in turn parses the compiler output and records the results
to a temporary file, that's read by a second program that parses
and caches the .json files generated as part of my D build
process and then generates editing instructions read back by the
Lua macro.

[1]http://dump.thecybershadow.net/5c0afb5c0f4306b1368dd8528c838133/F9.lua
[2]http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2013/07/27/colorize-your-compilers-output/