refactoring issues

Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 20 11:05:06 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 16:06:31 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 14:32:53 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
>> Hey, I also happen to use Far Manager and its internal editor,
>> at least for simple projects.  Is that dcheck triggering a Far
>> plugin?  I have a bit of experience with Far recording macros,
>> but didn't try to write a plugin.
>
> It's all a bit of a mess... A FAR Lua macro[1] runs dcheck,
> which is just a batch file that runs DMD piped through
> colorout[2], which in turn parses the compiler output and
> records the results to a temporary file, that's read by a
> second program that parses and caches the .json files generated
> as part of my D build process and then generates editing
> instructions read back by the Lua macro.
>
> [1]http://dump.thecybershadow.net/5c0afb5c0f4306b1368dd8528c838133/F9.lua
> [2]http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2013/07/27/colorize-your-compilers-output/

Thanks.  I was able to reproduce the workflow you showed in the
gif to the part where an error pop-up (e.g. "no property iota for
type int") is followed by suggesting the appropriate fix.  Do I
need another tool for that?  Colorout does not seem to suggest
fixes.

Also, what about this?

>2. When the compiler could not find a suitable overload of a
>function, if there are template and non-template overloads, it
>lists only non-template overloads.

Since no one replied by rationalizing that it works as intended,
perhaps I should file an issue about it?

Ivan Kazmenko.