Maxime's micro allocation benchmark much faster ?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 31 15:35:46 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 22:00:39 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 20:56:09 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> Trying on a different beefier machine with 2.066 and 2.067
>> release versions installed:
>>
>> 1mm allocations:
>> 2.066: 0.844s
>> 2.067: 0.19s
>>
>> 10mm allocations
>>
>> 2.066: 1m 17.2 s
>> 2.067: 0m  1.15s
>>
>> So numbers were ballpark right before, and allocation on this
>> micro-benchmark much faster.
>
> Wow! props to the people that worked on the GC.

Yes - should have said that.  And I do appreciate very much all
the hard work that has been done on this (and also by the GDC and
LDC maintainers who have to keep up with each release).

Don't trust these numbers till someone else has verified them, as
I am not certain I haven't messed up transliterating the code, or
doing something else stoopid.  And of course it's a very specific
micro benchmark, but it's one that matters beyond the direct
implications given the discussion over it when her post came out.
  I would be really curious to see if Maxime finds the overall
performance of her JIT improved.