Memory usage tracking

tcak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 10 02:44:41 PDT 2015

I am testing my web server right now. I started 5 separate
consoles and continuously sending request by using "curl" to it.

It uses shared memory as well, thought from `ipcs -a`, I don't
see more than necessary amount of allocation.

At the moment, server received about 1.5M requests, and memory
usage has reached to 128MB according to System Monitor of Ubuntu.
(top gives a similar value as well). I saw now on `top` command
that about 650KB shared memory is used only.

Is there any way to find out what is using that big space in
memory? Would `-profile` do that?

Problem is that if I was to be using `-profile` flag, server
would slow down, and I wouldn't be able to test it correctly
already.