DMD Symbol Reference Analysis Pass

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 20 01:52:22 PDT 2015

Does DMD currently do any analysis of references to a symbol in a
given scope? If not where could this information be extracted (in
which visitor/callback) and in what structure should it, if so,
be stored?

Reason: After having read about Rust's data-flow (and in turn
escape) analysis I'm very curious about how difficult it would be
to add more clever type inference, of for example symbol
mutability, based on this analysis.

I'm asking again because of the work recently done in DIP-25,
that may be related to this problem.