[VisualD] Crashing after several build processes

Jack via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 28 05:03:22 PST 2015

Greetings.

I've been using VS2010 with VisualD for my project and have
encountered an unusual problem with it.

So every once in a while, when I try to fix bugs in whatever it
is I'm doing, VS2010 would freeze at "Build Started" and will go
unresponsive for a couple of minutes and crash soon after. Then,
the build will crash every single time after it happening once.
So my workaround for this problem is to restart my computer, and
sure enough it goes away for a while, and comes back with a
vengeance.

Yeah I mean sure the problem will go away after a reboot, but
it's very irritating to have to restart my computer everytime the
bloody bug happens.

So erm, any ideas?

I use the latest D compiler, the latest dub and the latest
version of VisualD (the version that comes with the installer for
DMD 2.069.1). Dmd v.2.069.1 and dub v.0.9.24.