[VisualD] Crashing after several build processes

Jack via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 28 05:43:52 PST 2015

On Saturday, 28 November 2015 at 13:03:23 UTC, Jack wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I've been using VS2010 with VisualD for my project and have
> encountered an unusual problem with it.
>
> So every once in a while, when I try to fix bugs in whatever it
> is I'm doing, VS2010 would freeze at "Build Started" and will
> go unresponsive for a couple of minutes and crash soon after.
> Then, the build will crash every single time after it happening
> once. So my workaround for this problem is to restart my
> computer, and sure enough it goes away for a while, and comes
> back with a vengeance.
>
> Yeah I mean sure the problem will go away after a reboot, but
> it's very irritating to have to restart my computer everytime
> the bloody bug happens.
>
> So erm, any ideas?
>
> I use the latest D compiler, the latest dub and the latest
> version of VisualD (the version that comes with the installer
> for DMD 2.069.1). Dmd v.2.069.1 and dub v.0.9.24.

And while we are in the topic of VisualD, is there anyway to
automatically retain the file structure of the project everytime
I use:
* dub upgrade
* dub generate visuald

Everytime I open the newly generated Visual Studio project file I
spend about 10 minutes just remaking the file structure of the
project and adding existing modules to it.