DateTime.opBinary

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 17:14:21 PST 2015

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 23:53:41 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:

> Duration is defined in core.time: https://dlang.org/phobos/
> core_time.html#Duration
>
> Unfortunately, ddoc doesn't automatically cross-reference these
> for you, which results in confusion. (As if it weren't
> confusing enough to have everything wrapped in templates with
> filters rather than simply using const(Duration).)

Yeah, there has to be a better way to document these functions. I
guess I could have figured out that there is a Duration struct
from this

opBinary(string op, D)(in D duration) if ((op == "+" || op ==
"-") && (is(Unqual!D == Duration) || is(Unqual!D ==
TickDuration)))

but (string op, D) -> (in D duration) -> is(Unqual!D == Duration)
is something that would be rejected from Boost because it's too
complicated for C++.