AWS API Dlang, hmac sha256 function.

holo via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 2 20:54:01 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 3 October 2015 at 03:15:21 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:

> You could implement it yourself, (it looks pretty easy).
> Or go the route of Botan:
> https://github.com/etcimon/botan/blob/3bdc835d5b9bad7523deaa86fe98b1fbb2f09d6b/source/botan/mac/hmac.d

Thank you for answer. I used dub to fetch botan, after that i
created project:

dub init projectname botan

and tried to add botan module:

$ cat app.d
#!/usr/bin/rdmd

import std.stdio;
import botan.mac.hmac;

void main()
{
	writeln("Edit source/app.d to start your project.");
}

but when im trying to run my simple app i get:

$ ./app.d
./app.d(4): Error: module hmac is in file 'botan/mac/hmac.d'
which cannot be read
import path[0] = .
import path[1] = /usr/include/dlang/dmd
Failed: ["dmd", "-v", "-o-", "./app.d", "-I."]

What am i doing wrong? How to add library with dub package
manager? Im really beginner in D (basically in programming) sorry
if im asking obvious questions.

According to my other question are that functions equivalent to
that python one? If they are not doing exact that same i could
not create auth string which is needed to connect to AWS api.