AWS API Dlang, hmac sha256 function.

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 2 22:01:50 PDT 2015

On 03/10/15 4:54 PM, holo wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 October 2015 at 03:15:21 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>>
>> You could implement it yourself, (it looks pretty easy).
>> Or go the route of Botan:
>> https://github.com/etcimon/botan/blob/3bdc835d5b9bad7523deaa86fe98b1fbb2f09d6b/source/botan/mac/hmac.d
>>

> Thank you for answer. I used dub to fetch botan, after that i created
> project:
>
> dub init projectname botan
>
> and tried to add botan module:
>
> $ cat app.d
> #!/usr/bin/rdmd
>
> import std.stdio;
> import botan.mac.hmac;
>
> void main()
> {
>      writeln("Edit source/app.d to start your project.");
> }
>
> but when im trying to run my simple app i get:
>
> $ ./app.d
> ./app.d(4): Error: module hmac is in file 'botan/mac/hmac.d' which
> cannot be read
> import path[0] = .
> import path[1] = /usr/include/dlang/dmd
> Failed: ["dmd", "-v", "-o-", "./app.d", "-I."]
>
> What am i doing wrong? How to add library with dub package manager? Im
> really beginner in D (basically in programming) sorry if im asking
> obvious questions.

By the looks of that error message with paths, botan isn't actually
added as a dependency. Can you please paste the dub file?

> According to my other question are that functions equivalent to that
> python one? If they are not doing exact that same i could not create
> auth string which is needed to connect to AWS api.

I can't say for certain if it is not exact. The reason I did not answer
it is because I am not familiar with environment or any of what you are
doing.
I can unfortunately only point you in the right direction.